Friday 1 April 2011

VIDEOS ~ Paul Robeson ~ Song #3 ~ "Joshua Fit The Battle of Jericho"



We were at the "Battlefords Kiwanis Music Festival" today.  Two of the items on the afternoon program were elementary school choirs.  As I watched the children sing, with such energy and excitement, I thought back to my own experience with a school choir ~ we were living in British Columbia so it was some time between Grade 4 and Grade 7.  We sang the song ~ "Joshua Fit the Battle of Jericho" for a school concert.  I had a strong voice, but no one was ever sure (not even myself) whether I was going to be singing soprano or alto or maybe even an octave lower than the rest!  So, the simple solution, was to stand me in the middle of the bleacher, smack dab in the middle of the two sections!

I'm sure you'll agree, Paul Robeson, does a fine rendition of this traditional Spiritual song.

No comments:

Post a Comment